The LAQ Resource Guide is the all-in-one tool for patients AND healthcare professionals.
Published in over 8,000 copies, the LAQ Resource Guide lists certified therapists for all regions of Quebec, manufacturers, distributors and retailers of compression garments, as well as lymphedema services in hospitals. It also provides information on the proper use of the RAMQ’s compression garment program.
The LAQ Resource Guide is distributed free of charge to CLSCs, GMFs, our partners and directly to patients.
Explore the LAQ Resource Guide by clicking on the cover.
Register your resource in the 2022 Directory by calling 1-866-979-2463
Thank you to our valuable partners who make the publication of the LAQ Resource Guide possible!
HOW TO USE THE GUIDE EFFECTIVELY
- Make sure you have a diagnosis of lymphedema from your treating physician (e.g. family doctor, phlebologist, dermatologist, oncologist) and a complete prescription for decongestive therapy and compression garments. Then…
- Choose a therapistfrom the Certified Therapists section (p. 6-12) and complete the entire cycle of decongestive therapy with bandages. Then…
- Choose a compression garment fitterfrom the Products and Services section (p. 16-20) to take measurements. Wear your bandages 24/7 until your compression garment is delivered.
- Benefit from the RAMQ’s financial supportthrough your fitter or by submitting your own request (p. 21).
- After delivery of the garment:you have 10 days to notify the fitter of any discomfort. Make a follow-up appointment with your therapist.
- If you have any questions or help, contact the LAQ at 1 866 979-2463.