Complex Lymphatic Therapy – The Casley-Smith Method
A training program (in English) with Bonnie B. Lasinski (MA, PT, CI-CS, CLT-LANA)
The Lymphedema Association of Quebec in collaboration with the Lymphedema Program of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) has opened its 2021 registration list for :
An intensive 144 hour clinical certification course in lymphedema treatment for physiotherapists, registered nurses, physicians and occupational therapists
Bonnie Lasinski MA, PT, CI-CS, CLT-LANA
This course meets the standards set by the Lymphology Association of North America (LANA).
• Discuss the normal anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system
• Explain the pathophysiology of primary and secondary lymphedema and related lymph system disorders
• Distinguish between lymphedema and other peripheral edemas
• Discuss the pathophysiology of secondary acute infections in individuals with lymphedema or a limb at risk for lymphedema
• Describe the components of CLT and indications and contraindications for its clinical application in managing lymphatic system disorders
• Demonstrate competence in applying the components of Complex Lymphedema Therapy (CLT) evaluation and treatment
• Design an individual CLT treatment program for individuals with primary and secondary lymphedema
• Discuss the principles and techniques for measuring and fitting for compression garments
• Describe how exercise influences lymph flow
• Perform circumferential limb girth measurements and document skin and tissue changes to document progress
• Be able to advise individuals with lymphedema or a limb at risk about risk reduction strategies, including how to modify aerobic and resistive exercises.
• Understand the impact of lymphedema on quality of life.
Pre-class home study
Participants will be provided with a 9-hour home study unit with examination Participants will mail their completed home-study examination to Ms. Lasinski. Instructor will review them and clarify any questions on the first week of class.
Marie-Claude Gagnon, Association québécoise du lymphœdème
Tel.: (514) 979-2463 ou 1 866-979-2463
Aqua Lymphatic Therapy – Tidhar Method
A training program (in English) with Dorit Tidhar (M.Sc., PT, ALT, CLT)
October 29 – November 1, 2017,
Centre d’entraînement aquatique universitaire, Montréal
Aqua Lymphatic Therapy Training Course – Tidhar Method – in Montreal. This training will be available in French and English.
For more information, please contact Marie-Claude Gagnon at (514) 979-2463, 1-866-979-2463 or firstname.lastname@example.org