Complex Lymphatic Therapy – The Casley-Smith Method
A training program (in English) with Bonnie B. Lasinski (MA, PT, CI-CS, CLT-LANA)
April 10 – 26, 2018
PERFORM Centre – Concordia University, Montréal
The Lymphedema Association of Québec in collaboration with McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) Lymphedema Program are pleased to present:
An intensive 144 hour clinical certification course in lymphedema treatment for physiotherapists, registered nurses, physicians and occupational therapists
Bonnie Lasinski MA, PT, CI-CS, CLT-LANA
This course meets the standards set by the Lymphology Association of North America (LANA).
• Discuss the normal anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system
• Explain the pathophysiology of primary and secondary lymphedema and related lymph system disorders
• Distinguish between lymphedema and other peripheral edemas
• Discuss the pathophysiology of secondary acute infections in individuals with lymphedema or a limb at risk for lymphedema
• Describe the components of CLT and indications and contraindications for its clinical application in managing lymphatic system disorders
• Demonstrate competence in applying the components of Complex Lymphedema Therapy (CLT) evaluation and treatment
• Design an individual CLT treatment program for individuals with primary and secondary lymphedema
• Discuss the principles and techniques for measuring and fitting for compression garments
• Describe how exercise influences lymph flow
• Perform circumferential limb girth measurements and document skin and tissue changes to document progress
• Be able to advise individuals with lymphedema or a limb at risk about risk reduction strategies, including how to modify aerobic and resistive exercises.
• Understand the impact of lymphedema on quality of life.
Pre-class home study
Participants will be provided with a 9-hour home study unit with examination by Feb. 1, 2018. Participants will mail their completed home-study examination to Ms. Lasinski by March 15, 2018. Ms. Lasinski will review them and clarify any questions on the first week of class.
For registration information, please contact:
Rachel Pritzker, Lymphedema Association of Québec
Tel.: (514) 501-7263 or (514) 979-2463
Download our informational brochure and registration form here >
Aqua Lymphatic Therapy – Tidhar Method
A training program (in English) with Dorit Tidhar (M.Sc., PT, ALT, CLT)
October 29 – November 1, 2017,
Centre d’entraînement aquatique universitaire, Montréal
Dorit Tidhar was trained in lymphedema therapy by Prof. Judith Casley-Smith in 1999 and was certified by her as a teacher in Self Management and Exercise for Lymphedema in 2003. She designed the program of Aqua Lymphatic Therapy to help people who suffer from lymphedema maintain and improve the results of conventional treatment and conducted an RCT to examine this method. Dorit is an active member of the steering committee of the Israel Lymphatic Therapy Interest Group of Physiotherapists. She is Currently in charge of the national lymphedema services of Maccabi healthcare. Dorit is in her 4rd year of PhD Studies and will be conducting a practice-based evidence research on lymphedema.